7ACRES SUMMER IG CONTEST
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
NO PURCHASE OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE ODDS OF WINNING. THIS CONTEST IS GOVERNED BY CANADIAN LAW AND THE LAWS OF THE PROVINCE OF ONTARIO. SEE BELOW FOR FULL CONTEST DETAILS. PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES YOUR FULL AND UNCONDITIONAL ACCEPTANCE OF, AND AGREEMENT TO BE LEGALLY BOUND BY, THESE OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES.
1. SPONSOR: The 7ACRES Summer IG Contest (the “Contest”) is sponsored by Canopy Growth Corporation at 1 Hershey Drive, Smiths Falls, Ontario K7A 0A8 (the “Sponsor”).
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to legal residents of Canada, excluding Quebec, who have reached the legal age of majority as per the provincial cannabis legislation in the province or territory in Canada in which they reside, with the exception of employees of the Sponsor, its parent, related and affiliated companies, subsidiaries, departments or agencies, franchisees, suppliers, advertising and promotional agencies, contest administrators, and any other parties engaged in the development, production or distribution of Contest materials and those living in the same household. By participating in this Contest, entrants acknowledge compliance with, and agree to be bound by, these Official Contest Rules. Entrants who do not comply with any of the Official Contest Rules are subject to disqualification by the Sponsor, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion.
3. CONTEST DATES AND TIMES: The Contest begins on , Wednesday, May 24 at 12:00 am ET and ends on Wednesday, June 7, at 11:59 pm ET. (the “CONTEST PERIOD”), after which time the Contest will be closed and no further entries shall be accepted.
4. AGREEMENT TO BE LEGALLY BOUND BY RULES: By participating in this Contest, you are signifying that you have read and agree to be legally bound by these Official Contest Rules (the “Rules”).
5. HOW TO ENTER: During the Contest Period, eligible persons may enter the Contest by visiting the 7ACRES social media page on Instagram and following the steps outlined below:
Instagram – 1) Follow @7acres.mj 2) Like the post and tag a sesh buddy in the comments. 3) Share the post to your story!
Limit of one (1) entry per person for the duration of the contest period.
The entrant must submit each entry personally. By entering the Contest, entrants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Contest. Any attempt or suspected attempt to use robotic, automatic, programmed, or otherwise, illicit means to enter the Contest, or any other methods not authorized by these Rules, for example, but not limited to, creating multiple accounts, identities, or registrations, all in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, shall be deemed as tampering and may disqualify you from entering, participating and/or winning a prize. Entries that contain false or incomplete information are void. Entries that are late, lost, stolen, illegible, contain false information, are damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled or incomplete, altered or otherwise irregular or that do not conform with or satisfy any or all of the conditions of the Rules are void. Entrants grant Sponsor a non-exclusive license to use all entries for any purpose. No correspondence will be entered into except with selected entrants. Proof of transmission (screenshots or captures, etc.) does not constitute proof of entry or receipt of an entry.
6. CONTEST PRIZES: There are a total of three (3) 7ACRES swag prize packs to be won (approximate retail value outlined in Schedule A), one (1) per winner (each a “Prize”). The winner assumes any and all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by entering, participating in this promotion or use or redemption of the Prize. Prize must be accepted as awarded and has no cash value. Prize or any portion thereof cannot be combined with other discounts, promotions, or special offers. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute an alternate prize of equal or greater value if an advertised Prize is unavailable at time of award. Under no circumstances whatsoever will any difference between the actual and approximate retail values of a Prize be awarded. The Prize cannot be sold or transferred to a third party or be exchanged in whole or in part for cash. In the event that the winner is unable to claim the Prize as awarded, no compensation or substitution will be granted by the Sponsor or their subsidiaries and suppliers or by any other party associated with the Prize.
7. ODDS OF WINNING: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received before the Contest End Date (as defined below in Schedule A).
8. SKILL TESTING QUESTION: Selected Entrants (as defined below) will be required, as a condition to winning a Prize, to correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, the Sponsor’s time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question to be administered via the Sponsor release.
9. WINNER SELECTION AND CONFIRMATION: Winners will be selected and confirmed as per Schedule A. The Sponsor, or an employee, agent, or other representative of the Sponsor, will conduct a random draw from all eligible entries and select the potential winners (the “Selected Entrant”). The Selected Entrant will be deemed a winner if they meet all of the eligibility criteria set out in these Contest Rules. If the Selected Entrant does not meet the eligibility criteria, he/she will be disqualified and will not receive a Prize and another entrant will be selected by way of a random draw from the remaining eligible entries.
The Selected Entrants will be notified within two (2) business days of the draw and will be contacted via the email address and/or social media handle provided at the time of entry into the Contest, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, and up to two (2) attempts will be made within forty-eight (48) hours following the first notification. If the Selected Entrant does not or cannot accept the Prize, they may be forfeited. The Sponsor’s Winner Release Form must be signed by the Selected Entrant and received by the Sponsor as per the timelines detailed in Schedule A. Sponsor is not responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever of a Selected Entrant to receive notification or for the Sponsor to receive a Selected Entrant’s response. If the Selected Entrant cannot be contacted within the allotted time or is unable or unwilling to accept the Prize for any reason, that person forfeits the right to win the Prize; another entrant's name may then be randomly drawn for that Prize and the process will be repeated to contact that new Selected Entrant. Prizing will be delivered by the Sponsor in such manner as chosen to be appropriate by the Sponsor at the Sponsor’s full discretion.
The Prize will only be awarded to the confirmed winner. If a Selected Entrant of the Prize (a) fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question, (b) fails to properly complete the Winner Release Form and return it within the required time, (c) fails to comply with these Rules (as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion), (d) cannot be contacted in accordance with these Rules for any reason and/or (e) cannot accept the Prize for any reason, he/she will then be excluded from the Contest (and must waive all rights to the Prize) and another draw will be held for an entrant to be selected for that Prize.
Disputes regarding identity of entrant: If the identity of a Selected Entrant is disputed, the entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the individual assigned to the e-mail address or, if applicable for entry, social media handle associated with the entry (the “Authorized Account Holder”). Each Selected Entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the Authorized Account Holder associated with the selected entry.
The Sponsor assumes no liability after delivering the Prize, and the winner must assume the risk of loss or damage to the Prize after shipping. The Sponsor makes no representation or warranty of any kind with respect to the appearance, safety or performance of the Prize. The Prize will be delivered to the winner by mail or e-mail, as determined by the Sponsor at its sole discretion within four (4) weeks of receiving the correctly completed Winner Release Form. The Sponsor is not responsible for contacting or forwarding the Prize to a winner who provides unclear or incomplete information, or for prizes lost, misdirected, delayed or destroyed while in transit.
10. RELEASE AND INDEMNIFICATION:
a. Disclaimer of liability – Conduct of the Contest. The Sponsor and its respective departments and agencies, parent, related and affiliated companies, subsidiaries, franchisees, advertising and promotional agencies, counsel, marketing partners, and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, shareholders, successors, licensees, subsidiaries, agents, artists, advisors, assignees, and all others associated with the administration, development and execution of the Contest (hereinafter referred to as the “Released Parties”) are not responsible for late, lost, damaged, misdirected, damaged, truncated, illegible or incomplete entries. Proof of transmission (screenshot, etc.) does not constitute proof of delivery. The Released Parties are not responsible for any problem that may arise, including technical failures related to telephone network lines, online computer systems, servers, Internet service providers, hardware, software, viruses, bugs, personal computer failures and/or software and hardware configurations or the non-reception of an email by the Sponsor or an entrant for any reason, including line congestion on the Internet or on any website or any combination of these factors. The Released Parties are not liable for any damage to a user's system resulting from entering the Contest or downloading the information necessary to enter the Contest.
b. Disclaimer of liability – Contest or Prize entry. By entering or attempting to enter the Contest, any person releases the Released Parties from any liability for any damage they may suffer as a result of their entry or attempted entry in the Contest. By accepting the Prize, a Selected Entrant releases the Released Parties from any liability for any damage they may suffer as a result of the acceptance or use of the Prize.
The winner must sign the Winner Release Form to: (i) confirm compliance with the Rules; (ii) agree to accept the Prize as awarded; (iii) release, discharge and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all manner of action, cause of action, claim or demand, loss or injury, use or misuse of the Prize or any travel related thereto, and the use of the entry by the Sponsor, suit, debt, covenant, contract, including legal fees and expenses, whatsoever, including but not limited to, claims based on negligence, breach of contract and fundamental breach, failure of any third party contractor or supplier used in connection with any aspect of the Contest to perform or deliver any goods or services, any act of God or any other event beyond the Released Parties’ control, any dissatisfaction of any kind by a winner with any aspect of the Contest or the Prize, liability for physical injury, death, or property damage which the entrant, their heirs, successors or assigns have, might have or could have suffered, by reason of or arising out of the entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or in connection with the acceptance and/or exercise by the entrant of the Prize as awarded; and (iv) indemnify the Released Parties against any loss, damage or expense, including legal fees, that any of the Released Parties may suffer or incur as a result of any non-compliance by an entrant with any of the Rules or participation in the Contest and/or in connection with the acceptance and/or exercise by an entrant of the Prize and the use of the entry by the Sponsor.
The Sponsor is not responsible for: (i) incorrect or inaccurate entry information which may affect a person’s ability to participate in the Contest or be awarded the Prize, including but not limited to human error, technical malfunctions, lost or delayed entries for any reason, mail failures, omission, or any combination thereof, and entries which fail to fully comply with these Rules; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (iii) lost, incomplete, delayed, mutilated or misdirected entries or Winner Release Forms; (iv) injury or damage to the entrant’s computer or to any other individual’s computer related to or resulting from participating in, or downloading any material regarding the Contest or accepting the Prize; (v) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of the Prize; (vi) the security or privacy of information transmitted via computer networks or for breaches of privacy due to interference by third party computer “hackers” or otherwise; or (vii) late, lost, misdirected or unsuccessful efforts to notify a potential winner.
11. USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION: By entering the Contest, the Selected Entrant authorizes the Sponsor and their representatives to use his/her name, photograph, image, voice, place of residence and/or statement relating to the Prize for publicity purposes, without any form of compensation. No communication, commercial, or otherwise, not related to the Contest will be sent to the entrant, unless he or she has otherwise consented. Please refer to the Sponsor’s online privacy policies at https://www.canopygrowth.com/privacy-policy/.
12. PRIZE CONDITIONS: Prize must be accepted as awarded and is not transferable or assignable (except as may be specifically permitted by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion). No substitutions are permitted, except at Sponsor’s option. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to substitute any Prize or a component thereof with a prize of equal or greater retail value. The Sponsor and the other Released Parties make no representation and do not offer any warranty, express or implied, as to the quality or fitness of any Prize awarded in connection with the Contest. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, each confirmed winner understands and acknowledges that he or she may not seek reimbursement or pursue any legal or equitable remedy from either the Sponsor or any of the other Released Parties should his/her Prize fail to be fit for its purpose or is in any way unsatisfactory. For greater certainty and the avoidance of any doubt, by accepting a Prize the confirmed winner agrees to waive all recourse against the Sponsor and all of the other Released Parties if the Prize or a component thereof does not prove satisfactory, either in whole or in part.
13. OTHER CONDITIONS:
The Sponsor reserves the right to terminate, suspend, or amend this Contest at any time and in any way, without prior notice. Without limiting the foregoing, if, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned for any reason, the Sponsor reserves the right to cancel the Contest and conduct a random draw from all previously received eligible entries received by the Contest End Date (as outlined in Schedule A).
Law: The Contest is void where prohibited by law and is subject to all applicable Canadian federal, provincial, territorial, municipal, and local laws. This Contest shall be governed exclusively by the laws of Ontario, including all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Rules, rights and obligations between entrants and the Sponsor, and procedural provisions, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. Any dispute shall be adjudicated by the courts sitting in Ottawa, Ontario.
Intellectual Property: All intellectual property, including but not limited to trademarks, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, images, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned, or licensed by the Sponsor or used with permission from the owner. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or other intellectual property without the express written consent of the Sponsor is strictly prohibited. The Sponsor’s marketing or other partners, if any, shall also have access to and rights to reproduce, copy or otherwise use any materials generated by this Contest or any submissions or materials generated by entrants.
© Canopy Growth Corporation 2023 All Rights Reserved
Contest Details: 7ACRES Summer IG Contest
Contest Start Date & Time: May 24th at 12:00am ET
Contest End Date & Time: June 7th, 2023 at 11:59pm ET
Draw Date: June 8th, 2023
Completed Release Form Due Date: June 14th, 2023
Contest Prize: 7Acres Swag Prize Pack (hat, air freshener and 7Acres wall décor).
Approximate Total Retail Value (“ARV”) of $100.00 per prize pack.
Cumulative ARV of $300.00.