Bite into a marinated bruschetta focaccia
Long gone are the days when edibles were only available in two arid categories: dry brownies and stale cookies. Cannabis has become a culinary experience in recent years, one where creative dishes and desserts are designed to suit every palate. From drinks and juices to condiments and marinades, cannabis-infused recipes are a hot (and cold!) commodity with few contemporary limitations.
As part of the Tweed Pantry, we’re sharing some of our favourite recipes with you in hopes they will provide as many options for incorporating Tweed’s 10:1 Cannabis Oil as there are infused recipes out there. This month, we're launching into fall with a marinated bruschetta focaccia, a treat that pairs well with watching the sun set on the summer season.
-2 large mixing bowls
-1 small mixing bowl
-1/4 cup olive oil
-1/4 cup white wine vinegar
-2 tsp. Dijon mustard
-1/4 tsp. brown sugar
-1/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper
-1/4 tsp. chilli flakes
-1/2 red bell pepper, chopped and cubed
-1/2 yellow bell pepper, chopped and cubed
-1½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
-1/3 cup sliced green onions
-1/3 cup Kalamata olives, sliced
-1/4 cup Asiago cheese, grated
-3/4 cup warm water
-2 tbsp. sugar
-2 tsp. active dry yeast
-2 3/4 cups bread flour
-1/4 cup Asiago or Romano cheese, grated
-1 egg, 1 egg yolk, slightly beaten
-1 1/2 tsp. salt
-2 tsp. rosemary, chopped
-4 basil leaves, chopped
-2 tsp. finely chopped fresh garlic
1) Whisk olive oil, white wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, brown sugar, chili flakes and pepper in a large mixing bowl.
2) Add grated Asiago cheese and mix well.
3) Add bell peppers, tomatoes, olives and green onion to bowl. Toss lightly, but thoroughly.
4) Cover and set in a cool place for four-five hours.
1) Blend yeast and sugar in large measuring cup. Add warm water and mix lightly until yeast is absorbed. Set aside to bloom, or until bubbles form.
2) In small mixing bowl, whisk egg and egg yolk. Set aside.
3) In large mixing bowl, blend all dry ingredients until thoroughly mixed. Add wet ingredients slowly to dry mix. Continue mixing slowly until forming a ball.
4) On a floured surface, knead dough for five-10 minutes. If dough is sticky, add tablespoon or more of flour.
5) Press dough into a ball again. Place in lightly oiled bowl and cover with tea towel or plastic wrap. Let stand for 45 minutes to 1.5 hours.
6) Once dough has doubled in size, place on floured surface and punch dough down to clear air.
7) Heat oven to 400 degrees.
8) Stretch dough evenly on greased oven pan. Cover pan completely and bake 15 minutes or until edges of crust are brown. Take out and set aside.
9) Drain marinated bruschetta mix through a fine mesh strainer over a glass bowl. Keep juice.
10) Using fork, pierce surface 15 times in random places across the dough.
11) Brush top of cooked focaccia with marinade. Leave upside down on cutting board. Return dough to pan upside down, pierce 15 times again and brush with marinade.
12) Spoon drained bruschetta mix evenly on top of focaccia. Leave 1cm around the edge of focaccia exposed.
13) Top with goat cheese, fresh herbs or arugula, bacon or prosciutto and bake for 15-20 minutes until toppings are crisp and cheese melted.
14) Using your Tweed syringe, sprinkle Tweed 10:1 Cannabis Oil evenly over bruschetta and enjoy responsibly!
Here’s to Future Growth!
← Prev Next →
Leave a comment
other stories you may be interested in
Terpenes To Take Stage At Northside Birthday Party
Taking to the stage for the first time as a band next Thursday at Snoop Dogg’s Northside Birthday Party, The Terpenes are a group of professional session musicians who came together in studio to cover The Doggfather’s 1993 hit “Who Am I (What’s My Name)?” A week out from their performance at UNIUN Nightclub in Toronto, we caught up with each member of the outfit to find out their thoughts on covering a legendary hip-hop anthem and see how they feel about opening for an icon like Snoop Dogg...
Snoop Dogg’s Northside Birthday Party
You could win your way into Snoop Dogg's Northside Birthday Party and even get to meet the West Coast rapper...
Rewards and recognition come full circle for care
Tweed’s Care Centre isn’t your typical call centre...