Canada Day Maple Bourbon BBQ Sauce
Long gone are the days when edibles were only available in two arid categories: dry brownies and stale cookies. Cannabis has become a culinary experience in recent years, one where creative dishes and desserts are designed to suit every palate. From drinks and juices to condiments and marinades, cannabis-infused recipes are a hot (and cold!) commodity with few contemporary limitations.
As part of the Tweed Pantry, we’re sharing some of our favourite recipes with you in hopes they will provide as many options for incorporating Tweed’s 10:1 Cannabis Oil as there are infused recipes out there. This month, we're celebrating Canada Day the best way we know how: Maple Bourbon BBQ Sauce!
-4 tbsp. olive oil
-3 tbsp. green onion, minced
-1 jalapeño pepper, minced (for a less spicy version, add just a half a jalapeño)
-1 garlic clove, minced
-2 limes, juiced
-1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
-2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
-1 tbsp. soy sauce
-1 tbsp. instant coffee
-1 cup tomato paste
-2 tbsp. dark brown sugar
-1/2 tbsp. cayenne powder
-1 tbsp. honey
-1/4 tsp. ground peppercorns
-Pinch of salt
-1/2 cup apple cider or apple juice
-1/2 cup of your favourite bourbon
-1/4 cup of your favourite maple syrup
1) In a large saucepot add olive oil, green onion, jalapeño and garlic.
2) SSauté until mixture is a light golden colour.
3) Add the remaining ingredients, whisk until completely blended.
4) Simmer very gently on medium low for one hour, stirring occasionally.
5) If you feel the sauce is too thick, add small amounts of water until your desired consistency is reached.
6) In your own bowl of sauce, mix in Tweed 10:1 Cannabis Oil.
7) Coat your selection of barbequed meat or veggies.
8) Let sauce cool completely before containing or bottling. Refrigerate after use and it will keep for up to 2 weeks.
Here’s to Future Growth!
← Prev Next →
other stories you may be interested in
Meet the Grower-
Name: Brian Age: 35 Started at Tweed: October 20, 2014 Job Title: Inventory Clerk Aptronym is a term that defines a person whose name is particularly suited to their disposition or occupation...
Tweed Main Street Presents Herb & Cheese
The Lodge at 251 Queen Street in Toronto will this December play host to a unique cannabis event presented by Tweed Main Street...
Let’s Can Hunger: A Battle In The War On Hunger
Tweed is throwing down the gauntlet, sticking a friendly index finger in the chest of our neighbours, the Gallipeau Centre for a great cause this holiday season...