Ganja Kitchen Author Serves Up Moroccan Lamb
Jessica Catalano has built a career combining her love of helping people with her passion for green cuisine. A new mother of a baby girl named Mary Jane, Catalano preaches what she practices and is one of the planet’s premier gourmet cannabis chefs. Much like a wine connoisseur, she’s both a pioneer and pro at crafting terpene pairings to create strain specific cannabis cuisine.
As the food columnist at Skunk magazine and author of The Ganja Kitchen Revolution, “the bible of cannabis cuisine,” Catalano counts some of Tweed’s most popular strains – Chocolope, Strawberry Cough and Sour Diesel – among her most popular varieties to cook and bake with.
So when we set out to find the perfect lamb recipe for the season, Catalano stepped in to lend us one! Her Moroccan Lamb is a delectable sensory journey to the Mediterranean, perfect for the spring season. Catalano – who once prepared dinner for our good friend Snoop Dogg – says the recipe is one of her favourites. Enjoy!
-Large sauce pan for couscous
-Bowl for scraps and waste
-1 pound lamb shoulder chops
-2 cloves minced garlic
-1 white onion
-2 cups water
-½ small can tomato paste
-1 tablespoon Tweed's 10:1 Cannabis Oil
-3 tablespoons butter
-1 tablespoon paprika
-1 tablespoon cumin
-1 tablespoon cinnamon
-1 tablespoon turmeric
-1 tablespoon ginger
-½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
-½ teaspoon cardamom
-Sea salt and pepper
1) Coarsely chop onion and add it to a stockpot with the 10:1 Cannabis Oil and butter.
2) Add all spices, herbs and garlic then sauté on medium until the onions have reduced in size.
3) Debone lamb shoulder then cut into cubes.
4) Add cubed lamb into the stockpot and sauté until browned.
5) Chop up the tomato then add to the stockpot with ½ tomato paste from a small can and 2 cups water. Stir the mixture then cover with a lid.
6) Reduce the temperature down to low and simmer for 1 hour.
7) Season with sea salt and pepper then serve over couscous.
Here's to future growth.
← Prev Next →
other stories you may be interested in
Win An Exclusive POP Montreal Prize Pack
(Engligh copy follows) Bien que POP Montréal soit d'abord une célébration d'artistes émergents, ce festival a accueilli certains des plus grands noms de la musique et du divertissement, par exemple Franz Ferdinand, Arcade Fire et Beck...
Hemp Guitars prove music making sustainable
Guitars don’t need to cost thousands and be crafted from rare woods to produce great sound...
Meet the Grower-
Name: Katie Age: 21 Started at Tweed: February 23, 2015 Job Title: Production Assistant Katie Amo came to Tweed highly recommended...