Butternut squash soup for the soul
Long gone are the days when edibles were only available in two arid categories: dry brownies and stale cookies. Cannabis has become a culinary experience in recent years, one where creative dishes and desserts are designed to suit every palate. From drinks and juices to condiments and marinades, cannabis-infused recipes are a hot (and cold!) commodity with few contemporary limitations.
As part of the Tweed Pantry, we’re sharing some of our favourite recipes with you in hopes they will provide as many options for incorporating Tweed’s 10:1 Cannabis Oils as there are infused recipes out there. First up – butternut squash soup!
-5 tablespoons chopped onion
-4 tablespoons butter
-6-8 cups peeled and cubed butternut squash
-4 cups chicken broth (or vegetable broth for vegetarian version)
-1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
-1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
-1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
-4 ounces of light cream cheese
1) Bake squash at 350-degrees for 40 minutes.
2) In a large saucepan, sauté onions in butter until tender.
3) Add squash, chicken broth, marjoram, black pepper and cayenne pepper and bring to a boil.
4) Cook for 20 minutes, or until squash is tender.
5) Puree squash mix and cream cheese in a blender or food processor in batches until smooth.
6) Return to saucepan, and heat through. Do not allow it to boil.
7) If consistency is too thick, soup can be thinned with additional milk or broth.
8) Add appropriate dose of your 10:1 Cannabis Oils to your soup bowl with dosing syringe.
Note: Tweed’s 10:1 Cannabis Oils can be added to any homemade or canned soup but please remember to dose low and go slow.
Here’s to Future Growth!
← Prev Next →
other stories you may be interested in
Here’s to Future Growth in the New Year
As we prepare for what promises to be a banner year for Canada’s budding cannabis industry, we’re taking a little time to reflect on some of the milestones we reached in 2016...
New DNA Certified Strains Coming To Tweed Shop
“Let me ask you guys: How do you fill those pots?” The temperature is tropical inside a glowing flowering room at Tweed headquarters on the fourth trip to Smiths Falls for DNA Genetics...
Patients Not Forgotten By Legalization Task Force
Last week, the task force assembled by Justin Trudeau’s Liberal government to assess the prospect of cannabis legalization released its recommendations...