Butternut squash soup for the soul
Long gone are the days when edibles were only available in two arid categories: dry brownies and stale cookies. Cannabis has become a culinary experience in recent years, one where creative dishes and desserts are designed to suit every palate. From drinks and juices to condiments and marinades, cannabis-infused recipes are a hot (and cold!) commodity with few contemporary limitations.
As part of the Tweed Pantry, we’re sharing some of our favourite recipes with you in hopes they will provide as many options for incorporating Tweed’s 10:1 Cannabis Oils as there are infused recipes out there. First up – butternut squash soup!
-5 tablespoons chopped onion
-4 tablespoons butter
-6-8 cups peeled and cubed butternut squash
-4 cups chicken broth (or vegetable broth for vegetarian version)
-1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
-1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
-1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
-4 ounces of light cream cheese
1) Bake squash at 350-degrees for 40 minutes.
2) In a large saucepan, sauté onions in butter until tender.
3) Add squash, chicken broth, marjoram, black pepper and cayenne pepper and bring to a boil.
4) Cook for 20 minutes, or until squash is tender.
5) Puree squash mix and cream cheese in a blender or food processor in batches until smooth.
6) Return to saucepan, and heat through. Do not allow it to boil.
7) If consistency is too thick, soup can be thinned with additional milk or broth.
8) Add appropriate dose of your 10:1 Cannabis Oils to your soup bowl with dosing syringe.
Note: Tweed’s 10:1 Cannabis Oils can be added to any homemade or canned soup but please remember to dose low and go slow.
Here’s to Future Growth!
← Prev Next →
other stories you may be interested in
without your home
Hi, Yesterday, the Government of Canada announced that regulations governing medical marijuana would be amended, as expected, by August 24th, 2016, and that the majority of the previously repealed Marihuana Medical Access Regulations (MMAR) would form a part of an interim system, introduced to satisfy the requirements set out by the courts in the truncated timeline the government was given to respond...
Balconies to showcase new material at Shindig
When Liam Jaeger heard his band was playing Tweed, his first thought was to plan travel to the small Ontario town of the same name as Canada’s largest pot producer...
August Strain of the Month-Birds Eye
Few strains have as rich a history as Birds Eye...