Butternut squash soup for the soul
Long gone are the days when edibles were only available in two arid categories: dry brownies and stale cookies. Cannabis has become a culinary experience in recent years, one where creative dishes and desserts are designed to suit every palate. From drinks and juices to condiments and marinades, cannabis-infused recipes are a hot (and cold!) commodity with few contemporary limitations.
As part of the Tweed Pantry, we’re sharing some of our favourite recipes with you in hopes they will provide as many options for incorporating Tweed’s 10:1 Cannabis Oils as there are infused recipes out there. First up – butternut squash soup!
-5 tablespoons chopped onion
-4 tablespoons butter
-6-8 cups peeled and cubed butternut squash
-4 cups chicken broth (or vegetable broth for vegetarian version)
-1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
-1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
-1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
-4 ounces of light cream cheese
1) Bake squash at 350-degrees for 40 minutes.
2) In a large saucepan, sauté onions in butter until tender.
3) Add squash, chicken broth, marjoram, black pepper and cayenne pepper and bring to a boil.
4) Cook for 20 minutes, or until squash is tender.
5) Puree squash mix and cream cheese in a blender or food processor in batches until smooth.
6) Return to saucepan, and heat through. Do not allow it to boil.
7) If consistency is too thick, soup can be thinned with additional milk or broth.
8) Add appropriate dose of your 10:1 Cannabis Oils to your soup bowl with dosing syringe.
Note: Tweed’s 10:1 Cannabis Oils can be added to any homemade or canned soup but please remember to dose low and go slow.
Here’s to Future Growth!
← Prev Next →
other stories you may be interested in
Win An Exclusive POP Montreal Prize Pack
(Engligh copy follows) Bien que POP Montréal soit d'abord une célébration d'artistes émergents, ce festival a accueilli certains des plus grands noms de la musique et du divertissement, par exemple Franz Ferdinand, Arcade Fire et Beck...
Hemp Guitars prove music making sustainable
Guitars don’t need to cost thousands and be crafted from rare woods to produce great sound...
Meet the Grower-
Name: Katie Age: 21 Started at Tweed: February 23, 2015 Job Title: Production Assistant Katie Amo came to Tweed highly recommended...